- 6 Απριλίου 2006- Σήμερα: Πρόεδρος Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS) Web site: http://www.rieas.gr Επιβλέπων των Διεθνών και Ευρωπαϊκών Ερευνητικών Προγραμμάτων,
- 5 Ιουνίου 2009-Σήμερα: Πρόεδρος
Mediterranean Council for Intelligence Studies (MCIS)
Web site: http://www.mcis-edu.org Διδασκαλία Μεταπτυχιακών Φοιτητών σε Θέματα Πληροφοριών και Ασφάλειας
σε Πανεπιστήμια στις χώρες της Νοτια-ανατολικής Ευρώπης (Μεσόγειο και
- 1 Απριλίου 2009- Επιστημονικός Συντονιστής 1 Απριλίου 2011 Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS)
European Union –FP7 research project: SAFE COMMS on Counter- Terrorism Strategies for Recovery and Continuity. Consortium of six countries:
Greece, Spain, Bulgaria, Israel, Germany, and Northern Ireland, UK).
- 5 Μαΐου 2012- Σήμερα: Διευθυντής European Intelligence Academy (EIA) Web site: http://www.euintelligenceacademy.eu Επιβλέπων των Ερευνητικών Δραστηριοτήτων, Διδασκαλεία σε Θέματα
Ασφάλειας και Πληροφοριών.
- 1 Ιουνίου 2013- Σήμερα: Founding Editor Journal of Mediterranean and Balkan Intelligence (JMBI) Ιδρυτής, Συντάκτης και Επιβλέπων των Άρθρων, Προώθηση του JMBI σε
πανεπιστήμια, δεξαμενές σκέψης (Think-Tanks).
Bachelor of Arts (BA) , Northeast Louisiana University (ΗΠΑ), Master of Arts (MA), University of Hull (Αγγλία) International Relations and Diplomacy (PhD), Washington International University (ΗΠΑ)
Δεξιότητες Σχετικές με την Εργασία:
- Εξειδίκευση σε Θέματα Αντιτρομοκρατίας και Αντικατασκοπείας
- Παράνομη Μετανάστευση
- Διεθνές Οργανωμένο Έγκλημα
- Τρομοκρατία και Εξτρεμισμός
- Εμπειρία στην Διαχείριση Κρίσεων
- Certified Master Anti-terrorism Specialist (CMAS)
Editorial Board Member (s) in Academic Security-Intelligence Journals
- International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence (IJIC)
- European Journal of Intelligence Studies (EJIS)
- Journal for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies (JIPSS)
- Journal of Military and Strategic Affairs; World Security Network Foundation (WSN)
Μέλος Επιστημονικών Οργανισμών
- International Association for Intelligence Education (IAFIE)
- The International Association for Counterterrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP)
- International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA)
- International Counter-Terrorism Academic Community (ICTAC)
- International Counter-Terrorism and Critical Incident Network (CTCIN)
- International Counterterrorism Officers Association (ICTOA)
- “Intelligence Studies in Greece: The development of an academic discipline”, (joint article with Antonia Dimou and Andrew Liaropoulos) at the Journal of Mediterranean and Balkan Intelligence, Vol.5, No.1, June 2015.
- “European Union Intelligence Analysis Centre (INTCEN): Next stop to an Agency?”at the Journal of Mediterranean and Balkan Intelligence, Vol. 4, No. 2, December 2014.
- 2014: “Balkan-Mediterranean Intelligence Sharing Cooperation and Counterterrorism Policy in Greece” in Denis Caleta and Paul Shemella (eds) Intelligence and Combating Terrorism – New Paradigms and Future Challenges, (Published by the Institute for Corporative Security Studies), 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 2014: “Reasons for an Independent Intelligence Service in the European Union”, European Business Review, January 2014.
- 2013: “Combating Illegal Immigration, Terrorism, and Organized Crime in Greece and Italy” at the International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence , Vol. 26, No. 2, 2013.
- 2013: “Illegal Immigration, National Security and Social Cohesion in Greece”, Epikaira Magazine (in Greek), No.171, 24 January 2013, Greece.
- 2012: “Intelligence and National Security – The case of Greece”, Epikaira Magazine (in Greek), No. 149, 23 August 2012, Greece.
- 2012: “Greek Illegal Migration and National Security Threat”, Epikaira Magazine (in Greek), No. 128, 29 March 2012, Greece.
- 2012: John M. Nomikos and StefaniaDucci (editors), Mediterranean Council for Intelligence Studies (MCIS) Year Book 2012, “Intelligence in Action: Cyber-Security and Cyber-Defense”, January 2012, Rome, Italy.
- 2011: “Reforming the Greek Intelligence-Security Community: New Challenges”, Journal of Romanian Intelligence Studies, No.5, June 2011, Bucharest, Romania.
- 2011: John M. Nomikos, M.L. Maniscalco, S. Ducci( Book Editors), “Oltre Il Segreto – Information Sharing E Intelligence Transnazionale” (Beyond Secret – Information Sharing and Transnational Intelligence), Libero Con-Testo Publishing Company, July 2011, Rome, Italy.
- 2011: “Migratiecrisis in zuidoostelijkdeelMiddellandseZeegebied” (Migration Crisis in the South-Eastern Mediterranean region), Magazine NationaleVeiligheidencrisisbeheersing (Ministry of Interior), August 2011, The Netherlands.
- 2011: “Illegal Immigration and Organized Crime in Greece”, The Journal of Counterterrorism and Homeland Security International, Vol. 17, No. 1, Spring 2011, USA.
- 2010: “Intelligence Reform in Greece and Regional Cooperation in the Eastern Mediterranean Region” in Musa Tuzuner (ed) Intelligence Cooperation Practices in the 21st Century: Towards a Culture of Sharing, NATO Science for Peace and Security Series – Human and Societal Dynamics, vol. 71, (IOS Press, The Netherlands), 2010.
- 2010: “European Union Intelligence Cooperation: A Greek Approach”, European Business Review, October 2010.
- 2010: “Truly Reforming or Just Responding to Failures? Lessons Learned from the Modernisation of the Greek National Intelligence Service”, Journal of Policing, Intelligence and Counterterrorism, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2010, Sydney, Australia.
- 2010: “Media and Counter-Terrorism Crisis Communication Strategies in the European Union”, European Business Review, January/February 2010.
- 2009: “Another Frontier to Fight: International Terrorism and Islamic Fundamentalism (written jointly with Aya Burweila)” at the International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, vol.22, no.1, 2009.
- 2008: “Greek Intelligence Service”, in Global Security and Intelligence, (ed) by Stuart Farson, Peter Gill, Mark Phythian and ShlomoShpiro, (Praeger Security International, 2008, USA).
- 2008: “Greek Intelligence Service: A Brief Description” at the European Journal of Intelligence Studies, vol. 2, 2008.
- 2008: ”The New Role of Intelligence Services after 9/11”, Presscode Journal, no. 11, 2008.
- 2007: “Transatlantic Intelligence Cooperation, the Global War on Terrorism and International Order”, (ed) by Yiannis A. Stivachtis in the International Order in a Globalizing World, (Ashgate, London), 2007.
- 2007: “International Terrorism and South-Eastern Mediterranean Intelligence Cooperation”, Journal for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies, vol.1, no. 2, 2007, Austria.
- 2007: “Terrorism, Media, and Intelligence in Greece: Capturing the 17 November Terrorist Group” at the International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, vol. 20, no.1, 2007.
- 2005: “A European Union Intelligence Service for Confronting Terrorism” at the International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, vol. 18, no. 2, 2005.
- 2005: “Across the Atlantic and Beyond the Borders: A study of two crises, Yugoslav and Gulf”, (Authors on Line Publishing Company, 2005, UK).
- 2004: “The Internal Modernization of the Greek Intelligence Service”, International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, Vol. 17, No. 3, Fall 2004.
- 24-30 May, 2015: John M. Nomikos presented a speech on “Black Sea OSINT Intelligence Council and Think Tanks in the Region” in the International Conference on “Security in the Black Sea Region. Shared Challenges Sustainable Future” organized by the National Intelligence Academy in Romania in partnership with the Harvard University and with the collaboration of the USA National Intelligence University (NIU) in Bucharest, Romania.
- 21-22 May, 2015: John M. Nomikos presented a speech on “Is Greece a Hub for Foreign Terrorist Networks, Illegal Migration, Human Trafficking and Organized Crime?” in the International Conference “Fostering Relations between Europe, Middle East and North Africa in Combating the Growing Threat of Terrorism, Radicalism and Foreign Fighters” organized by the Sofia Security Forum and the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 08-10 May, 2015: John M. Nomikos moderated a panel on “Intelligence Cooperation and Technology” organized by the International Intelligence History Association (IIHA) in Zagreb, Croatia.
- 24-25 April 2015: John M. Nomikos delivered a speech on “Human Intelligence (HUMINT) and VIP Professionals” in the 3rd Security Project Conference (24-25 April 2015) organized by Security Manager Journal in Athens, Greece.
- 18-21 March 2015: John M Nomikos presented a paper on “Illegal Migration, Organized Crime and Human Trafficking in Greece” in the Counterterrorism Conference in Jaipur, India.
- 19 Decermber, 2014: John M. Nomikos participated in the international seminar “Proposals on Development of Russian-Greek Partnership”, cosponsored by the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) and the Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS)
- 5-7 December, 2014: John M. Nomikos participated in the 6th International Symposium on Terrorism and Transnational Crime (Regional Developments and Security) organized by the Turkish National Police Academy and the International Center for Terrorism and Transnational Crime (UTSAM), Antalya, Turkey
- 17-18 November 2014: John M. Nomikos participated in the European Security Forum 2014 organized by the European Security Round Table (ESRT), Brussels, Belgium.
- 06-12 October 2014: Dr. John M. Nomikos visited Taipei and delivered speeches on “terrorism, illegal migration and human-trafficking in the Balkan and Mediterranean region” at the Institute of International Relations (IIR) in the Chengchi University, Taiwanese Immigration Agency, and Prospect Foundation.
- 23-25 September 2014: John M. Nomikos delivered a speech on “Does Greece need a Homeland Security Department within Security and Intelligence Community?” in the Developing Border Protection Management Strategies in Counter-Illicit Migration, Trafficking and Terrorist Networks Seminar organized by the George C. Marshall Center for Security Studies, the Hellenic National Police and Hellenic Coast Guard, Athens, Greece
- 6 June 2014: John M. Nomikos delivered a speech on “NATO at 65: Challenge and Opportunity”, organized by Charles University, Faculty of Social Sciences (Prague), the European Intelligence Academy (EIA) in the Research Institute for European and American Studies (Athens, Greece),Prague, Czech Republic.
- 20-22 May, 2014: John M Nomikos delivered a speech on “A Description of Alexander the Great HUMINT Networks and U.S. Fusion Intelligence Centers: How OSINT Academic Researchers support the Intelligence Cooperation in the Black and Caspian Region?” in the Black Sea and Caspian Sea Security Symposium in Bucharest, Romania.
- 14 May 2014: Dr. John M. Nomikos participated in the 14th Doha Forum and Enriching the Middle East’s Economic future conference
- 3-7 March 2014: Dr. John M. Nomikos participated in the Counter-Terrorism Challenges in the Region of South Eastern Europe Conference and he delivers a paper on “Balkan-Mediterranean Intelligence-Sharing Cooperation and Counterterrorism Policy in Greece.”, Maribor, Slovenia
- 12 December 2013: John M Nomikos delivered a speech on “Maritime Policy and Intelligence in the Eastern Mediterranean Region” at Kalirhoe Hotel, in Athens, Greece
- 28th October 2013: Dr. John M Nomikos delivered a paper on “Greece and Israel: Intelligence and Security Alliance in the Eastern Mediterranean” in the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies (BESA), Bar Ilan University, Israel.
- 18 October 2013: John M Nomikos delivered a paper on “ Is a European Union Independent Intelligence Agency Needed?” in the XIX Annual Intelligence Conference by the “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy in Bucharest, Romania.
- 10 June 2013: John M Nomikos participated in one-day discussion-seminar about the Role and Vision of NATO in the world, at NATO HQ, Brussels, Belgium.
- 10-12 December 2012: Dr. John M. Nomikos delivered a paper on “The role of Open sources intelligence (OSINT) Networks in the Mediterranean Think Tanks: A tool for Geopolitical Analysis”organized by the Laboratory of Geocultural Analyses of the Broader Middle East and Turkey of the Faculty of Turkish Studies and Modern Asian Studies of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the European Institute of Geopolitics, Athens, Greece.
- 10 December 2012: Dr. John M. Nomikos attended an international conference on “Exploiting the Geopolitical Position of Hellas in the Pursuit of a New Economic and Foreign Policy” organized by the Institute of Geopolitics Studies (IGMEA) in the Olympic Royal Hotel in Athens, Greece
- 19 October 2012: John M. Nomikos delivered a paper on “Does Greece Need an Intelligence Academy” in the XVIII Annual Intelligence Conference by the “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy in Bucharest, Romania.
- 25 July 2012: Dr. John M. Nomikos delivered a lecture on “Reforms on the Greek Intelligence Service: Is it enough for its professionalization?” in the Overseas Security Advisory Council Seminar (OSAC) in the U.S. Embassy in Athens, Greece.
- 29 March 2012: John M. Nomikos delivered a lecture on “Greek Homeland Security in Greece” in the Overseas Security Advisory Council Seminar (OSAC) in the U.S. Embassy in Athens, Greece.
- 21 November 2011: Dr. John M. Nomikos delivered a lecture on “Counter Terrorism Crisis Communication Strategy for Recovery and Continuity: The Case of Greece” in The Overseas Security Advisory Council Seminar (OSAC) in the U.S. Embassy in Athens, Greece.
- 11 November 2011: Dr. John M. Nomikos delivered a paper on “Mediterranean Council of Intelligence Studies (MCIS) and Open Sources Intelligence (OSINT) in the 17th Annual Romanian Intelligence Academy Workshop, Bucharest, Romania.
- 27-29 May 2011: Dr. John M. Nomikos delivered a paper on “European Union Joint Situation Center: A Necessary Tool for Transatlantic Intelligence Cooperation?” in the Annual Netherlands Intelligence Studies Association (NISA) Conference on The Future of Intelligence: Threats, Challenges, Opportunities, in the Netherlands Defence Academy, The Hague, Netherlands.
- 5th of May 2011: Dr. John M. Nomikos participated in The Overseas Security Advisory Council Seminar (OSAC) in Athens, Greece.
- 14-15 March 2011: John M. Nomikos participated in the International Conference on: “The Ethics of National Security Intelligence”, organized by the Oxford Intelligence Group (OIG) and the International Intelligence Ethics Association (IIEA) at Nuffield College, Oxford University, UK.
- 4th February 2011: Dr. John M. Nomikos participated in the Workshop on: “Jihadism Online” at the Oriental Institute in the University of Vienna, Austria.
- 7-8 June 2010: John M. Nomikos delivered a paper titled “Reforms in the Greek Intelligence and Security Services and the Cooperation in the Eastern Mediterranean Region” at the First International Workshop on Multinational Information Sharing: New Challenges for the International Community, organized by the Faculty of Political Science, University of Rome (TRE) and the Mediterranean Council for Intelligence Studies (MCIS), Rome, Italy.
- 23-25 April 2010: John M. Nomikos delivered a paper: “Reforming the Greek Intelligence Service” in the International Intelligence History Association (IIHA) Conference: “Intelligence and Society” at the Akademie fur Politische Bildung Tutzing in Munich, Germany.
- 4-6 March 2010: John M. Nomikos participated in the International Conference on Global Terrorism, organized by the International Counter-Terrorism Academic Community, at the Pomezia University Campus near Rome, Italy
- 13-14 November 2009: Dr. John M. Nomikos participated in the “Century, Intelligence, Security and Anti-Terrorism in the 20th Century” in Koper- Capodistria, Slovenia.
- 26 October 2009: Dr. John M. Nomikos participated in the Security Defense Agenda Conference titled: “Could Europe do better on pooling intelligence?” in Brussels, Belgium.